Located in Melbourne's ever-expanding northern suburbs, Pacific Epping is a major regional shopping centre that services an area containing almost 1,000,000 people. Home to over 200 stores, the centre recently expanded their amenities with a new 200+ space car park, servicing supermarket users and other shoppers.
Advanced Lighting Technologies (ADLT) were engaged by electrical consultants Cardno to provide a lighting solution that met a number of their criteria:
- Compliance with AS/NZS 1158 Category P11A (pedestrian area lighting).
- Economical use of poles & luminaires to minimise costs
- Meet time-critical supply deadlines
By using the Cree XSP LED Area/Street Light, ADLT were able to comfortably meet all the project requirements, including delivering the poles and luminaires to site within a week of receiving confirmation. A clever use of the XSP's advanced optics eliminated the need for back-to-back luminaire arrangements in the car park's centre, while an optimised design allowed the 9m tall Cree premium steel poles to be placed approximately 25m apart, keeping project costs at an absolute minimum.
Delivering incredible efficiency without sacrificing application performance, the Cree XSP also comes with a 10-year limited warranty on both the luminaire itself and the Deltaguard Colourfast finish.
- Very short lead times
- Highly optimised design requirements
- Comply with Australian standards
- Minimise costs
- Turn-around from order confirmation to delivery was 1 week
- Minimal poles used while complying with P11(a)
- Clever use of optics eliminated the need for back-to-back luminaire arrangements